Saturday, August 21, 2010

33rd training (38th) run of 2010

Saturday afternoon run is not common for me. But with the recent wet weather and the approaching AHM coupled with my pathetic lack of mileage and lack of conditioning of my hamstrings and overall fitness, I decided to just go and run.

Started off almost 4pm and it was a little sun but warm and humid. Not a good time to run. I was dripping wet by the 2.5km mark. Dripping meaning dripping sweat. Not much wind which didn't help.

I felt a general lack of fitness. It does worry me. I did my 7km loop in 58 1/2 mins which is slow for 7km although it included a toilet/water stop at Rivervale Mall.

In the end, I did the 7km loop + 5km loop and completed 12km in 1:39 (avg pace of 8:15 mins/km) which is so-so pace, considering the humidity and the heat when I started out at 4pm.

The biggest concern is that at the end of the 12km, I was totally drained physically and my hamstrings were starting to feel tight.  So, AHM is a scary proposition at the moment......

No comments: