Sunday, September 19, 2010

POSB Run For Kids 2010



This run wasn't in my running calender. Initially sign up the kids for the $10 1.2km run since it's at Anchorvale CC. But Company sponsor so I signed up 4.5km instead of 8.5km since it is 1 week after AHM (that reminds me, tomorrow must retrieve my photo frm my colleague who took photos). But I'm thankful I didn't sign up 8.5km bcos the heat was atrociously HOT and I felt the effects all the way to the afternoon. Endomondo measured only 4.3km for the 4.5km run but still, my avg pace was blistering fast for me - 6min 39secs/km pace with 2 walk breaks. No wonder I felt it before the 1.5km mark. But the hot sun...........it was a lesson for me with SCMS HM coming up in 2 1/2 mths time.
Endomondo link: Endomondo link


My sgrunners post reproduced:
It was HOT and my Endomondo clocked 4.30km for the 4.50km distance. I ran too fast a pace and found the going really hard. Now I have to train in the sun for SCMS because I'm really not acclimatised to running in the heat like today. Only 1 water point for 4.5km. Glad I did not choose 8.5km or may have embarassingly DNF although probably no one would have known since can collect participation cert even if DNF :rolleyes:

The Milo van was there. Had a chance to chat with Brokie a bit. She and entire family were going volunteer work by being lead runners or sweeping:good: 

Good job by all the volunteers too:good: 
My boy came home saying he had 4 cups of Milo. :drinks: I asked him what about the slower kids and 8.5km runners who come in later? I advise him next time limit to 2 like the mei mei. Of course, both kids say other people in the queue also had 4 cups of milo, some fill up 2, drink and then quickly refill the 2 cups before leaving. So, my kids say they just follow.....
Siva, I heard there were 3,000+ kids for the 1.2km and 1,500 running the 4.5km. I didn't catch how many ran the 8.5km but I guessed less than the 4.5km. To me, it's a good turnout :)

I am impressed with the young kids who looked like Primary School doing the 8.5km under the HOT sun. Well done to them :drinks:

About the starting and finishing, a bit messy and un-coordinated. Some I met didn't realise the 4.5km was flagged off by DPM less than 60secs after they finished the warm up. They were not happy.

The finishing was also crowded. The good thing was that they had different finishing for the 3,000+ 1.2km participants. Otherwise, the 4.5km and 8.5km would be all posting about the crowded last 200m. :rolleyes2:

I went past some parents who obviously forced their kids to take part. The poor kids. One girl cried and screamed and refused to move just less than 50m from the 1.2km finish arch. She just refused to move, crying and screaming even though the Bapa want to reach the finish. Wanted to tell the crying girl, 'Sedikit lagi. Cepat, cepat.' But I was so hot and tired and searching for my kids in the 'mass of mess'.

One mother was telling her son, "Look, just finish this, ok? We have a deal or not? DO WE have a deal? Let's go. Just do this. Just a bit more" (This was around 40% of the 1.2km route and the boy was probably 5 or 6 yrs old). Sigh.......the boy is trying to run for the mother or something.

No comments: