Standard 5km jog.
Didn't run since the previous Thursday 21km feat. 1st km already out of breathe. Just below 8mins. Fitness has dropped since 2008(?)
Anyway, at 3rd and 4th km mark, I knew I was really slow. But breathing was 'heavy' or 'labored'. Not an encouraging sign actually, considering I was doing slower than 8min/km pace. Maybe because I had slight flu or something. Also suffered from stitch early on after 2nd km.
One thing I realised is that compared to 2008, my average pace has slowed considerably. Not sure whether it's because I am focused on sustaining stamina for the 21km target.
All in 5km in 39:55. What a joke, 7mins, 59secs average pace, just below the 8min/km target. But very breathless at the end. Over-exertion. Which is nothing to be happy about.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
25th training (26th) run of 2009
Posted by
kcsl
at
10:38 PM
Labels: Training (2009)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment