Wednesday, July 8, 2009

26th training (27th) run of 2009

Well, decided to run tonight and leave office earlier. Past 2 nights was 9pm+. Dinner about 10pm. Actually, tonight, when I finished my run, dinner was after 10pm....

Well, I was running faster than usual. Quite a fair bit of exertion. Lungs had to work hard. Was trying to follow the Newton Running advice of running mid/fore foot since w/o shoes, you don't naturally run heel strike. Well, surprisingly, that was true for me when I sort of ran a bit bare footed at home.

Well, quicker but my fitness level wasn't there to keep up the pace. 5km, can pia. 10 or 21km, no way. Felt really, really breathless after the run. Well, POSB Run for Kids 8km on Sunday coming up unless I run 5km before Sunday.

5km loop at 37mins, 8 secs. Average pace of 7:26min/km.

My new NB 850 has clocked 31km already even though I did not manage a long run >10km last weekend due to rain as well as attending a funeral wake.

Saw the design of the NB 1225. Nice. Wonder how it feels. Maybe go with slow_runner next weekend to try out.

No comments: