Weekend run.
Since I have 2 minds about whether to do the 16km North East Run in March or the 25km PAssion Run in May, I thought I would do at least 14km since last I haven't do such a distance in a long while (Based on my records, the last time I ran more than 11km was the 14km I did on 18/10/09). Actually, after the AHM 21km, I had no desire to do any distance nearing 21km especially how many painful and crampy an experience it was including how lousy an experience to walk 11km with both hamstrings cramped.
I completed the 1st 7km loop in exactly 56mins (8min/km pace). The 2nd 7km loop was interrupted by buying H-Two-O from Prime Supermarket and 2 sessions of walking 8-11mins after consuming some H-Two-O to minimise the stitches. Well, didn't get the stitches but the slow timing means I completed the 14km in 2 hours 2mins 15 secs (Avg pace of 8mins 44 secs/km). Some runners will know how fatigue makes one make silly decisions. Anyway, even though I almost literally walked the 14th km in 10mins, I decided to extend to the 2km loop in front of my home and see if I can jog-a-bit and walk another 2km to see if I can complete 16km in reasonable shape. Well.....took 19 mins to complete the last 2km with mostly walking and a little jogging. But I tried jogging but could feel my left hamstring tightening and the tightening increased after the 15km. So just walked mostly though I jogged the last 200m to complete the 16km in exactly 2 hours 21 mins (Avg pace of 8mins 49 secs/ km).
I'll not run till Wednesday night earliest. But I hope I can continue to run 12km and above on weekends and see if my hamstrings, ankles and feet can take longer distance w/o failing on me. What to do. Can try and clock mileage but human body is unique and there is a limit to every person's muscles, ligaments and body system. I'll see how. Early bird for PAssion Run is end Feb 2010 and I guess the North East Run got till Feb 2010 to sign up.

No comments:
Post a Comment