See the sgRunners' forum post on http://sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5900
Signed up some time back because kayano's prodding. Finally met walfisch, my team mate in person. I also met SlingRunner, Leem, doraemon_red, tktan, bee, AlecChua, Mizoono, stardust, TLR, FD, kayano, Prata, TarePanda and chatted with SlingRunner, Roonz & SealBoon
Our 2nd runner never showed up. Super siong for me. I had to do 3 rounds of 3km instead of 2 rounds of 3km. I don't know how to described the pain. ah . . .
1st 3km: Last runner for 90% of the way. Behind a group of 5 ladies who were doing a pace nearer to 7.5min/km instead of my 8min/km ~ 8.5min/km. But the 2 of the ladies went slower come to the last 300m and I overtook them to come in 3rd last. I saw the time for the 3km: 19:20, which is crazy lor: around 6.5min/km. Really tired.
Walfisch dashed off. I went for a cup of plain water.
2nd 3km: Went off at at a leisure pace. After 900km, had to walk. Walked to the U-turn (1.5m mark) and continued walking. Told the 3 officials there I have to walk. One of the officials, Sxuanjing was kind enough to tell me it's okay to walk as long as I'm ok. Start jogging only at the 2km mark or thereabouts. TLR so good, asked me, "it's you again! Your team need another runner?". Told him yes (of course la!). But TLR went on jogging, not sure how many rounds of 3km he did on his own. TLR is a real ultra runner. Reached finish line asked brokie if got spare runner as I really can't take it. Exceeded my normal weekly mileage. Plus my calf muscles felt tight. She asked around, but seems like no spare runners. Officials cannot run. I went to stretch my calf muscles and took plain water mixed with 100+. 2 cups.
3rd 3km: Took the banana from walfisch and walked. At least 800m I walked. Saw Dream Runner, Roonz, Prata all sprinting past me. No choice, jogged a little, right calf just below the knee start vibrating and stiffening. Since didn't want to really "crawl" back another 2km, decided to just keep walking. Super Ultra Marathoner Tey from Msia PaceSetters who was taking photos saw me asked me to run. Replied I can't. He shouted, just 6km only. Told him, this is my 7th. Didn't tell him about my calf. Anyway, just pushed on walking. [Roonz passed me on her return leg and called out to me, "having a nice morning stroll"]. Can only smile. Wanted to tell her the slight twitch and pain was so 'nice'. Reached the U-turn point. Told them I have to walk. Asked if any of the 3 officials had 'Deep Heat' and SxuanJing passed me a tube of Counterpain. Took some, rubbed on to my right calf and the remainder on my left calf. First time use this stuff since I never had calf cramps since Secondary school days. [Next time I will bring 2 sachets of Deep Heat in my arm pouch!!]. Walked on. Stretch a bit. More sgRunners passed me. Really feel horrible though nothing I could do about it. Last 600m, I decided to do a slow jog. Think the counterpain did it's job, calf felt weary but no cramping pain. Finally, the sgRunners banner over the finish line and there was walfisch. Passed it to him and muttered "sorry". He replied "No worries" and dashed off. He's really fast.
Went to a light pole. Stretched both leg calves. I was amazed I could complete 9km after so much running this week (Monday 7km, Thurs 6 km). Covered 22km in 6 days. That's an ultra distance for me. Ha Ha Ha
Well, despite what I thought, my team of 2 runners didn't come in last. We were 3rd or 4th last. Don't understand why not last when I walked so much.
DreamRunner's blog has a nice field report: http://thedreamrunner.blogspot.com/2008/01/sgrunners-banana-relay.html
Not bad. Got a nice medal, a Nike Towel, Nike bottle and won a lucky draw prize.
Lucky draw, I got a Ocra race belt sponsored by Roonz. Ha ha ha ha. Pai-seh to use next time. Low mileage jogger with a race belt given out to Tri participants. Might be too pai-seh to use it for next event. Ha ha ha ha
Signed up some time back because kayano's prodding. Finally met walfisch, my team mate in person. I also met SlingRunner, Leem, doraemon_red, tktan, bee, AlecChua, Mizoono, stardust, TLR, FD, kayano, Prata, TarePanda and chatted with SlingRunner, Roonz & SealBoon
Our 2nd runner never showed up. Super siong for me. I had to do 3 rounds of 3km instead of 2 rounds of 3km. I don't know how to described the pain. ah . . .
1st 3km: Last runner for 90% of the way. Behind a group of 5 ladies who were doing a pace nearer to 7.5min/km instead of my 8min/km ~ 8.5min/km. But the 2 of the ladies went slower come to the last 300m and I overtook them to come in 3rd last. I saw the time for the 3km: 19:20, which is crazy lor: around 6.5min/km. Really tired.
Walfisch dashed off. I went for a cup of plain water.
2nd 3km: Went off at at a leisure pace. After 900km, had to walk. Walked to the U-turn (1.5m mark) and continued walking. Told the 3 officials there I have to walk. One of the officials, Sxuanjing was kind enough to tell me it's okay to walk as long as I'm ok. Start jogging only at the 2km mark or thereabouts. TLR so good, asked me, "it's you again! Your team need another runner?". Told him yes (of course la!). But TLR went on jogging, not sure how many rounds of 3km he did on his own. TLR is a real ultra runner. Reached finish line asked brokie if got spare runner as I really can't take it. Exceeded my normal weekly mileage. Plus my calf muscles felt tight. She asked around, but seems like no spare runners. Officials cannot run. I went to stretch my calf muscles and took plain water mixed with 100+. 2 cups.
3rd 3km: Took the banana from walfisch and walked. At least 800m I walked. Saw Dream Runner, Roonz, Prata all sprinting past me. No choice, jogged a little, right calf just below the knee start vibrating and stiffening. Since didn't want to really "crawl" back another 2km, decided to just keep walking. Super Ultra Marathoner Tey from Msia PaceSetters who was taking photos saw me asked me to run. Replied I can't. He shouted, just 6km only. Told him, this is my 7th. Didn't tell him about my calf. Anyway, just pushed on walking. [Roonz passed me on her return leg and called out to me, "having a nice morning stroll"]. Can only smile. Wanted to tell her the slight twitch and pain was so 'nice'. Reached the U-turn point. Told them I have to walk. Asked if any of the 3 officials had 'Deep Heat' and SxuanJing passed me a tube of Counterpain. Took some, rubbed on to my right calf and the remainder on my left calf. First time use this stuff since I never had calf cramps since Secondary school days. [Next time I will bring 2 sachets of Deep Heat in my arm pouch!!]. Walked on. Stretch a bit. More sgRunners passed me. Really feel horrible though nothing I could do about it. Last 600m, I decided to do a slow jog. Think the counterpain did it's job, calf felt weary but no cramping pain. Finally, the sgRunners banner over the finish line and there was walfisch. Passed it to him and muttered "sorry". He replied "No worries" and dashed off. He's really fast.
Went to a light pole. Stretched both leg calves. I was amazed I could complete 9km after so much running this week (Monday 7km, Thurs 6 km). Covered 22km in 6 days. That's an ultra distance for me. Ha Ha Ha
Well, despite what I thought, my team of 2 runners didn't come in last. We were 3rd or 4th last. Don't understand why not last when I walked so much.
DreamRunner's blog has a nice field report: http://thedreamrunner.blogspot.com/2008/01/sgrunners-banana-relay.html
Not bad. Got a nice medal, a Nike Towel, Nike bottle and won a lucky draw prize.
Lucky draw, I got a Ocra race belt sponsored by Roonz. Ha ha ha ha. Pai-seh to use next time. Low mileage jogger with a race belt given out to Tri participants. Might be too pai-seh to use it for next event. Ha ha ha ha
Tired now. Will continue with this post another time. Not enough sleep. . . .
Update 1:
Results out on Post 1: http://sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5900&hl=
Team L was third last. 2 runners only with a slow jogger came ahead of 2 other teams with 3 runners each. So must pay respects to the pace of my team mate, walfisch.
Update 2:
Wah. . . Uncle tey's Multiply album caught so many pictures of me from the Start line, while jogging along and even at the finish line. That's what happen when you have to run 3 laps instead of 2 laps! See http://pmtey.multiply.com/photos/album/253/BANANA_relay_260108
Update 3:
Sunday night and my calf muscles still not recovered and my buttocks still hurt. One problem with wearing Control shoes is the insufficient cushioning. Should have worn the NB stability shoes but then again, never expected to do 9km!


No comments:
Post a Comment