Sunday, April 3, 2011

4th training run of 2011

Only 4th run in 2011 and it's April.........

I started running at 4:40pm. I wanted to wait till 5pm. But the sun disappeared and it turned cloudy. I was telling myself I must run since last week was washed out by rain. Who knew after 300m, it started raining!! I ran in the rain for a few minutes. Was saying to God that I need Him to push away the rain clouds becos I needed to run otherwise, if I don't clock the mileage, then come HM, I might not survive to worry about my struggle over the church's SDJ. Well, rightly or wrongly, God did hear my plea and the rain more or less disappeared. However, it was really warm. The rain released the heat from the pavements...... :S

I ran too fast when it was raining and was sort of punctured by 3rd km. Can't be helped.

In the end, I forced my self to walk and jogged beyond what I thought was wise or rational. I needed to ramp up my mileage. Don't know when I can run again with the wet weather. Work has been very busy and stressful and it was mostly late nights this week past. Next week won't be any better.

Eventually, did around 15km in 1hr 52mins, which is avetrage of 7min 15sec per km pace. That doesn't seem logical.
worse was the Endomondo GPS logger that logged 15.48km, with the 6th km completed in 5mins!! That would be impossible. Anyway, one look at the map clearly showed that 6th km was half of other 1km marks. Although I'm gonna journal as 15km today, I think it's probably even less than 15km!!

Endomondo map here: Endomondo Run - 3 April 2011

No comments: